Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Paranoimia on the airwaves




Aha !, there you are.
Ahoy Zoneheads, a little bulletin just to tell you, that with superb timing for Valentines Day, some more Paranoimia hits the airwaves, as the brand new show from Zoe is now available for your delectation, on the Album Zone Pod.
So, if you want to hear it upfront before the rest of the world has their chance via our usual outlets, you know where to go !
.
It's there, beside a full compliment of Album Zone goodies, at :

http://www.4shared.com/dir/391612/be81ca22/sharing.html
.
This is the ideal time too, to furnish you with the thoughts of Ms Paranoimia, via the answers to the questions set by you all recently, to our usual suspects.
.
So, here goes, the thoughts of Zoe !
.
.
.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were in charge of making the environment better what would you do?


Run up behind people who drop litter and stuff the offending piece of rubbish down the back of their neck.


In your career with the Album Zone and the thousands of songs that you've played have you ever played anything that changed a listeners life?

I hope so (for the better) !


Have you ever considered quitting AZ ? And why ?

I adore AZ, I had to take a break last year after getting married as I had to get my life together but I couldn't stay away for too long. Love it too much!


Anything you've done that you have really regretted ? Care to tell ?

I've done some things which are probably very regrettable by most people's standards, but I don't believe in regrets, personally so no!


It doesn't pay. Why do you do it ?

It's great experience, good fun, I have the freedom to play quite off the wall stuff and Reecey makes a fine cup of tea.


What's the best thing about doing AZ ?

The tea. And the music.

And the worst ?

When the tea is not forthcoming. That is not a regular occurence, thankfully.


Favourite city or town - and why ?

London. My hometown... how long have you got?


Do you miss doing 'Live' Shows ?

I don't think I did any?


Do you have a favourite record of all time - or are there just too many ?

Too many! But my favourite album is 'Cut' by the Slits.
Avant-garde but still danceable, brilliant.



Where have you never travelled - but really want to visit ?

New York! And I think I've got a possible trip coming up too...


Ever thought of doing 'all talk' programmes ?

Not personally. I think I talk too much as it is.


Do you ever listen to any of the other AZ Presenters shows ?
If so, which ones and why ?

Reecey! He's the don.


Got pets ? What ?

In my fantasies - I have about ten cats. I don't have any cats in reality because I live in the midde of the city...


What's the funniest / saddest / strangest thing to happen while doing (live ??) shows on the radio ?

Me.


What was really embarrassing ?

Just me again, generally.


Who's the sexiest girl / boy singer for you ?

Carmen Miranda


Sexiest record ?

Shoplifting by the Slits


Please tell us something about your biography, we don't know much about you... where are you from, where are you now ? And where are you going ?

I'm from London, I'm in London, I'm staying in London. I'll let you know if anything changes.


AZ has been going 10 years. Will you still be doing it in 10 years time ?

Who can say!


Would you like a job with a national radio station ?

If it suits me I would love to.


Favourite Album ?

Cut by the Slits.


Does a lot of advance planning go into your programmes, or do you just sit down and get on with it ?

I plan what I'm going to play as I like to mix up so many diverse sounds - as you know, from punk and dub reggae to Gene Vincent, 40s swing, The Andrews Sisters, blues and some weird avant garde silliness too so I like to plan what I play but beyond that there's no script.


Anything else you'd like to add ?

Thanks for the support and keep listening! We love you all...
.
------------------------------------------------------------------------